Friday, June 10, 2005

Stay Tuned

Things seem to be rapidly changing at the Lambda Literary Foundation. On Tuesday of this week, the Washington D.C. staff of the Lambda Book Report was dismissed. I heard of this on Wednesday, when one of the staff members called me to ask if I would provide a job recommendation. (And which I promised that, of course, I would do whatever I could.) It seems that the future of the LBR, James White Review, and LLF-sponsored writers conference may be suspended, although the Foundation may continue the Lambda Literary Awards. On Thursday, I was contacted by a remaining board member of the Lambda Literary Foundation to clarify what had transpired at the offices regarding the Foundation's Executive Director Jim Marks. On Friday, I received the following e-mail from the Foundation. Stay tuned for further developments.

"Jim Marks tendered his resignation as Executive Director to take effect on July 1, 2005. The Board acknowledges that Jim has been key--indeed, vital--in the work of theorganization and extends its heartfelt and profound appreciation to Jim for his dedication and hard work over the years. We wish every good fortune to Jim in his future pursuits. Remaining Board Members Jim Duggins, Katherine V. Forrest, Karla Jay, and Don Weise of the Lambda LiteraryFoundation's Board of Trustees are evaluating the impact of this resignation and factoring it into other structural plans discussed at the June 3, 2005 Board meeting. It is expected that other announcements will be forthcoming."